Events Administrator - voluntary position
To help RAN provide regular Advice Forums
To help administer and run those Forums, in association with Trustees
RAN is looking for some practical volunteer assistance for our events, principally the Advice Forums, to assist the smooth running of these. Other administrative help not allied to those events and the general operation of RAN is welcome but not essential.
- If you’ve got administrative and/or small-events management skills, abilities or experience
- If you’re wanting to improve your administrative skills or gain more events management experience
- If you’re organised and like organising events
- If you’re enthusiastic about charities and the Voluntary Sector, even if you don’t know much about them
Providing administrative support for RAN’s events, principally the Advice Forums held approx. three times per year:
- Book venue
- Promote the events
- Ensure Members, other organisations, speakers and guests are invited
- Prepare attendee packs
- Organise refreshments and room layout
- Assist with reception points at events
- Help tidy after events
- Other tasks as agreed with you by the Trustees, within your time commitment, abilities and training
Ideally home-based with good access to computer and telephone; you do not have to be based in Reading, but access to the town for Advice Forums and to meet with Trustees is expected. Reimbursement of reasonable expenses, of course.
- Total volunteering time will vary, depending on proximity to Advice Forums, when it may be up to ten hours for that week only; most of the time, it will be much less and does not need to be a weekly commitment
- Advice Forums usually run from 09:30 to 12:00, three or so times per annum, so sufficient time beforehand and after these on that day
- Otherwise, times for administrative tasks between Forums would be self-managed and mutually agreed
Tell me more
Download a Role Description, which also describes how to enquire, have an informal discussion and apply for this voluntary position.