Fifth RAN Advice Forum
Date: Thursday 21st June 2018
Time: 09:15 (for 09:30 start) until 11:30
Venue: RBC Council Chambers, RG1 2LU
Representatives from Job Centre Plus & the Department for Work & Pensions, as well as from Reading Borough Council, will be speaking about Universal Credit, its operation and its impact.
We will also have the views and voices of vulnerable & digitally excluded clients from one of RAN's Member organisations.
We have invited MPs from both Reading constituencies.
RAN welcomes attendance and contributions to the discussion from I&A agencies and other Voluntary Sector and Public Sector bodies working with clients/service users who are dealing with Universal Credit.
Our free Forum is open to non-Members.
The Forum will follow the usual pattern (which has proven popular)
- 09:15 Refreshments
- 09.:30 Welcome and introduction to the Forum – Richard Harrison (Chair, RAN)
- 09:35 ‘Universal Credit rollout - Reading 6 months in’ - Shabana Mahmood (DWP) and Dorothy Bugeja (Job Centre Plus)
- 09:55 ‘Universal Credit rollout - Reading Borough Council’s perspective’ - Andy Donachie (RBC) and Jamie Webb (RBC)
- 10:15 ‘Universal Credit rollout - the experience of the vulnerable & digitally excluded’ - Francesca Yates (CEO, CommuniCare)
- 10:35 Short break
- 10:40 Plenary session - questions to the speakers and participant contributions
- 11:25 Closing session - completing feedback questionnaires
Topic suggestions for next RAN Forum, due 26th September, which is also our AGM
- 11:30 Close
Please send your interest to Margaret Osborne: email@example.com