Following the second Reading Advice Forum on 30th May 2017, RAN and Healthwatch Reading produced a joint report which was submitted to the Reading Health & Wellbeing Board on 13th July 2018.
Some of the time gaps have been due to commissioning processes between Reading Borough Council and Third Sector organisations; the two Clinical Commissioning Groups in Reading have also since merged into the larger Berkshire West Clinical Commissioning Group.
The Health and Wellbeing Board considered our joint report on 18th January 2019 and noted five primary issues from our report, all of which they agreed linked to the Board's joint priorities:
- Issue (1): Poor interaction between the statutory and 3rd sectors
- Issue (2): Inadequate 3rd sector funding
- Issue (3): Perception that some frontline statutory staff did not provide adequate or appropriate support at the client’s first point of contact
- Issue (4): Clients did not know where to go for help, particularly at times of crisis
- Issue (5): Little resource for professional development within the 3rd sector